Front pageHuman InterestPoliticsTrending

Exclusive: My Brother Martin Fon Yembe Was Assassinated- Margerate Yembe


Douala, Cameroon-Friday October 6, 2017 -11:00 PM Local Time (Cameroon News Agency) The sister of the deceased First Deputy Mayor of Ndu Council in Donga Mantung Division, Martin Fon Yembe who died on Monday October 2, 2017, has disclosed that her brother was brutally beaten while in his apartment in Ndu on Saturday September 30, 2017.

Margerate Yembe dismissed claims that her brother died a natural death insisting that he was visited by two security officers that fateful evening. She told CNA in an exclusive interview that information circulating that Mr Yembe was  sick is false because  he had just taken part in a radio program that Saturday night and was strong and kicking until he was visited by uniform men.

The Scene as described by Margaret Yembe 

“When I was called that night that I rushed to the health center where he was rushed to I met him lying helplessly in bed and ask him what happened to him, he could barely talk but murmured in my ears that Some military men came and sprayed something that weakened him, after that I shock him again to talk to me but he remained silent. There was need to evacuate him, so his son was asked to go bring his ID card from the house, this was after we waited for a long time for the DO to sign an order for his evacuation. The son who went to collect the ID card from the house was stepped by some military men on the road and beat him well taking him for one of the protesters.Before he could reach the health center, he was another patient and got admitted. My brother died before his evacuation, if you saw him he was fresh and showed no signs of sickness. That is someone who was animating Saturday night” She revealed to Cameroon News Agency.

Another sister Vicky Yembe talking on phone to this reporter said when you listen to the audio ( referring to animation by Fon Yembe on Saturday night in which he sent to her through WhatsApp) do you feel he was really sick, through out that animation did he cough?”

In the Audio in which CNA had a copy, Martin Fon Yembe could be heard animating on a Saturday in both English and the local Limbum language. In some lines of the animation which begins with a song from the grassland he said, “Good evening and welcome to Savannah Frontier Radio FM 92.0…cooling the tension, feel at home, while the tension rising lower your temperature…my name is Martin Luther Shey Luntom, the messenger of the people, as the BIRS guys invade Ndu, electricity has disappeared, so we give you electricity through our collection, what else can we do, what will be will be.”

In the same animation, Martin Fon Yembe is heard saying that as the people buried one guy shot in Buea on September 22, Terence from Ngarum village and buried Friday September 29, they should prepare for October 1,  but that no one should destroy anything, “At this very critical moment we will be discussing issues at stake with everyone instilling fear in one another… who is frightening who? Nobody should be violent, just act like what you did on September 22, do not scatter anything, just march and greet the chiefs then go and have your drinks…We will not accept anybody to cross our land and cause chaos…we want peace, we want justice and above all we want freedom.”

She told CNA that “I warned my brother asking him to leave Ndu before October 1, 2017 because everyone was leaving and even the Mayor Bunyui Emmanuel Nyugab was not around but he said he is untouchable, that he will face the challenges. After his radio program which he sent me the audios, I warned him again but he wouldn’t listen.”

Martin Fon Yembe was only discovered in his apartment lying on the floor critically sick, his sister, Vicky Yembe says he, Martin  revealed to them the next day that some men in uniform got him well beaten after his program, “ It was his son who first discovered that his father was lying helpless , he called the elder sister of the Deputy Mayor who came and rushed him to the hospital in Ndu, Martin told us that two men in uniform stormed the flat he was living in after he had escaped from his home where he was tear gassed last September 22, they asked him, ‘are you the one who buried Terence with a Southern Cameroon flag? The question was followed by tear gas and beatings.” She told CNA.

She wondered why despite proofs that the deceased Mayor needed urgent treatment; the DO did not sign his transfer order in time. Vicky Yembe has insisted that her brother was never sick adding that his animation at the radio two days before his death is clear enough that he was targeted by security forces for his role in the mobilization of youths during the two events that saw thousands marching on September 22 and October 1, 2017.




Spread the love
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button